Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Beach City Double / Century / Half Century. Please read the information below, and if you, friend or family member would like to volunteer please contact us.
Let us know you’re interested in volunteering as soon as possible by filling out the form below. The more info the better for it will help us when organizing the crew and making arrangements.
- There are two types of opportunities to help out on the day of the event. The first opportunity of helping out is at an aid station, which involves setting up and taking down the aid station, keeping a stock of food, nutritional products, water available for the riders, You must be will to drive yourself to the aid station transport equipment, supplies, and of riders up the course or back to the finish as needed. The second opportunity is to be SAG driver where you are roving the course in your own vehicle to assist riders with mechanical issues
- If you are a rider volunteering, or a friend or family member volunteering on your behalf of a rider for a half or full day on the day of the event, please indicating that to us in advance of the event via email. A volunteer’s credit for the California Triple Crown will be awarded, and 50% entry fee discount for a half day or a free entry into WMDC for a full day of volunteering, which may be used at anytime.
- We will reimburse volunteers for fuel expenses incurred the day of the event. Volunteers should turn in receipts with their reimbursement request within two weeks of the event. We only cover a limit amount of double occupancy hotel accommodations for staff that are not traveling an event participant.
- Once we’ve confirmed you as a volunteer, we hope you will keep your word and be at the event. If something comes up unexpectedly, please let us know as soon as possible, thanks.
- Monday before the event, we’ll send our Crew Assignments email with all the details. When you receive your email, please send an email back to confirm receipt and to let us know you’ll be there.