Beach City Double / Century / Metric
The 4th Annual Beach City Double / Century / Metric on September 11, 2021 is excited to have the ride’s start/finish at the Courtyard/Marriott in the great City of Irvine. “You are the Queen’s guest!” So come out to enjoy a fun day on your bike, riding to the beautiful vista points along the Orange County beaches. Choose any route you want, the Double, Century, or Metric Century all routes visit the Queen Mary in Long Beach, which gives us Beach City’s theme “All Roads Lead to the Queen”. The Century and Metric riders will get to ride over 80% of their ride with their Double Century riding friends with the way the routes overlap.
The routes include a variety of the below cities and highlights, except for the Double and it includes all of them:
Corona Del Mar
Legendary course highlights:
Surf City, U.S.A.
1984 Olympic Cycling Road Race Course
Florence Joyner Olympiad Park
The following items are included in your registration:
- Commemorative T-Shirt
- Scenic routes to chose from 200, 100 or 62 miles.
- SAG stops 25-30 miles with a wide variety of food, water, energy bars and manned with friendliest, happiest, and the most helpful volunteers you’ll ever meet.
- Full roving SAG support on all routes.
- NdZONE’s Special rates for Overnight Parking and Rooms at our host hotel and free reserved parking in the Airport Business Center next to the Square.
- On-line enrollment fee, Insurance, …
Beach City Double Century “Invite a Rider” program!! We would like to see everyone participate in this program.
Most all of the current Double Century Riders were challenged and/or invited by another rider to ride their first Double Century back when they were riding Centuries and Metrics, which is what has created the Double Century community that we all enjoy so much today. Everyone remembers their first double, and therefore we encourage you to give someone that experience. Invite rider that hasn’t ridden a Double Century before and become part of growing this community.
Here’s how the “Invite a Rider” program works. As a registered Beach City Double Century rider, you have the opportunity to invite as many First-Time Double Century Riders as you want. As the First-Time Double Rider registers, you will ask them to enter your name in the “Invited by” block on their registration form. As they do so, your name will appear on the Beach City’s Ride Roster next to the rider you have invited. There is no limit to the number of riders you can invite. After a rider’s status has been confirmed with the California Triple Crown as a First-Time CTC Rider, an award of $15 per rider will be placed into your PayPal account and your guests. It is my hope that this program will help create many exciting First-Time ride experiences and expand your enjoyment of the experience rider by sharing the event with friend.
Look forward to seeing you there!!
The Beach City event starts and finishes at the Courtyard/Marriott in Irvine, The City of Irvine offers a system of bicycle lanes and trails to encourage the use of bikes as a means of transportation. It has 44.5 miles of off-road bicycle trails and 282 miles of on-road bicycle lanes. The City of Irvine is one of the most bicycle-friendly and safest communities in America.
Our Host Hotel for 2021 Beach City Double•Century•Metric is the Courtyard/Marriott! The hotel is located at 2701 Main St., Irvine, CA 92614-6230 on the corner of Jamboree Road/Main St. between the 405 and 5 Freeways.
Parking is available about 1.6 miles down Main St. next to the Square from the Courtyard/Marriott. Parking at the Courtyard/Marriott is limited to hotel guest.
Map of Off-site Parking Location
Route from off-site parking to the Start
Our Host Hotel for 2021 Beach City Double / Century / Metric is Courtyard/Marriott. The hotel is located at 2701 Main St., Irvine, CA 92614-6230 on the corner of Jamboree Road and Main St. between the 405 and 5 Freeways.
NdZONE’s special rate of $124.00+Tax per night (Double Queens).
Reservations must be made no later than August 13, 2021 in order to receive the discounted room rate. Any reservations or changes made past the cutoff date cannot be guaranteed but will be accepted based on availability.
Or call (180) 032-1221 xx1 or (194) 975-7120 x0 and you identify yourself as part of the NdZONE, California Triple Crown – Beach City Double•Century•Metric Bicycle group staying at the Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, located at 2701 Main St., Irvine, CA 92614-6230.
NdZONE’s Special Overnight Parking is $10.00 per night for hotel guest.
Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021:
4:30 am – 5:30 am: Rider Check-In/Registration for Double Century Start
6:00 am – 6:30 am Rider Check-in/Registration for Century Start
8:00 am – Rider Check-in/Registration for Metric Century Start
11:00 pm – All Courses Closed
Riders that break rules will be disqualified and prohibited from entering future events and lose their California Triple Crown credit.
- Riders must follow the basic rules for safe cycling.
- Riders must follow the California Motor Vehicle Code. Riders who do not follow these are considered to have added an unnecessary risk to themselves, other riders, drivers, and they will be immediately disqualified.
- Riders must comply with the requests from the local law enforcement and CHP.
- Riders must wear the official event identification provided at check-in. Riders must carry personal identification with emergency contact phone number during the event.
- While cycling riders must wear a correctly fitting and fastened helmet.
- Riders must check-in at the start/finish lines no exceptions. A rider who does not make a time cut-off poses a risk to themselves or others will requested to accept SAG. If a course marshal sees you are suffering from sleep deprivation they will request that you accept SAG, if you refuse SAG from a course marshal will be DNF or disqualified from the event. Your emergency contact will be called and informed of them of your status. No further assistance will be given and the rider will be fully responsible from that point forward.
- Riders may not have a personal vehicle on the course for any reason (SAG, cheering, photos, etc.). Riders with any association to a personal vehicle anywhere on the course are considered to have added an unnecessary risk to themselves, other riders, drivers, and they will be immediately disqualified. Family and friends are encouraged to volunteer, which allows them to be in permitted locations on the course for their own safety and the safety of the riders.
- Riders at check-in are required to show your driver’s license or State ID, sign the Accident Waiver before they are allowed to participate in the event. The waiver will not be modified in any manner.
- Riders must pay the event entry fee, and/or use a Volunteer’s Ride Credit.
- Staff Ride Credit will be given proportional to the amount of time volunteered on the full-day of the event. If a participant volunteers a full-day they will receive a credit for the full price of the event and a half-day receives credit for half of the price of the event, and so on, plus an event T-shirt is given to a rider, or a friend or family member volunteering on their behalf of a rider. Any ride credit or a portion of it may be used at any time.
- Fees are non-transferable, non-refundable, un-exchangeable and/or un-rollable.
- The above entry fee policy applies if the event has to be canceled/modified due to an act of God, war, terrorist act, government regulation, riot, disaster, or strike, provided said act or event makes performance hereunder impossible. NdZONE Inc will have no liability for power disruptions of any kind. The affected riders will be permitted to sign up at the best price entry fee for the next year’s event up to the end of the registration period.
- We will email you a confirmation when you complete the online registration process, and we will add your name to the event roster once we have received your payment or Ride Credit request.
- When registration is closed, it is closed. Only riders who have registered and therefore have their name is on the event roster may ride.
- Please do not ask, there will be no exceptions to the deadlines, policies, prices, or rules for granting them would be unfair to the riders who have complied with them.
Women’s Sizes: S-L Men’s Sizes: S-2XL
We are very grateful to have the graphic design done by Dori Lewis,
and photo for the graphic was taken and provided by Chuck Bramwell.
Must register before Monday, August 23rd at 2pm to insure receiving your Beach City Tee, after that date & time there is no guaranteed of the availablity.
The Beach City Double Century was inspired and made possible by Chuck Bramwell. It is well tested and proven since it is mainly based on the “Long Beach Century”, the “Olympic Road Race Century”, and the “Oceanside Century” which Chuck has been leading in Orange County for many years with the Orange County Wheelmen as training rides for the Double Centuries.
Special NdZONE Recognition; Jim Cook wrote: “A special thank you to Chuck Bramwell and Hugh Murphy for all their contributions. Their energy, ideas, and suggestions have been significant forming the new Beach City Double Century. I have been so fortunate to have their help.”
The Beach City Double Century was added to the California Triple Crown in 2018, and continues to be scheduled on the CTC Ride Calendar at http://caltriplecrown.org/CTC_Calendar_aspx and completing it counts as credit toward winning your California Triple Crown.
The Beach City Double route goes through Santigo Canyon, Live Oak Canyon, Florence Joyner Olympiad Park, Laguna Canyon, Laguna Beach, Inspiration Point, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach (Surf City, USA), Seal Beach, Long Beach, and turns around at the Queen Mary, then back to Newport Bay and through the Back Bay to Irvine for lunch. After lunch then the route goes through Mission Viejo to Wagon Wheel Canyon, San Juna Capistrano, Capo Beach, down to a beautiful ocean view park in San Clemente, and then back to Irvine via Dana Point, Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, and Lake Forest.
The Beach City Double Century is a fully supported ride with aid stations every 25-30 miles, roving SAGs, and it has a 19-hour time limit. The time limit is soft if more time is needed it will be provided within reason and safety limits. The route is an estimated 186 miles with 7,000 feet of climbing.
Hydration and nutrition are important. You are expected you to have two large water bottles and/or a high capacity hydration system, and you should be experienced with using a hydration supplement. Bring that supplement with you and use it. A double century event is not the place to experiment with new hydration and/or nutrition. You should be using the hydration and nutrition that you train with on your daily rides on this event.
We will have seven fully stocked and placed aid stations. We will have some Hammer product, snacks, and fruits.
Download files RWGPS files: Double Century Route
The Double Century route has been broken into 3 separate RidewithGPS files to help avoid any navigation issues.
The Century route goes across Irvine and joins the Double Century route at the Florence Joyner Olympaid Park and onto the beautiful vista points in Laguna Beach, Inspiration Point, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach (Surf City, USA), Seal Beach, Long Beach, Queen Mary and back to Newport Beach, then goes through the bay back to Irvine.
Download RWGPS Files: Century Route
The Century route has been broken into 2 separate RidewithGPS files to help avoid any navigation issues.
The Metric Century route goes the Newport Beach Bay and joins the Double and Century routes through the beautiful vista points in Huntington Beach (Surf City, USA), Seal Beach, Long Beach, back to Newport Beach, then goes through the bay and back to Irvine.
Download RWGPS Files: Metric Century Route
The Metric Century route has been broken into 2 separate RidewithGPS files to help avoid any navigation issues.