Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Beach City Double / Century / Metric. Please read the information below, and if you, friend or family member would like to volunteer please fill out the form below. The more info the better for it will help us when organizing the crew and making arrangements.
- Directions to sign up for working the day of the event and riding the Staff Ride.
1. Fill out the below form.
2. Receive an email with a confirm work assignment, Staff Code, and Waiver.
3. Register as a rider using your Staff Code and submit a signed waiver.
- There are two types of opportunities to help out on the day of the event. The first opportunity of helping out is at an aid station, which involves setting up and taking down the aid station, keeping a stock of food, nutritional products, water available for the riders, You must be will to drive yourself to the aid station, transport equipment, supplies, and riders up the course or back to the finish as needed. The second opportunity is to be SAG driver where you are roving the course in your own vehicle to assist riders with mechanical issues.
- If you want family member volunteering on your behalf of a rider or yourself, please fill out the form below. If you are working the event you are considered a volunteer by the California Triple Crown. A volunteer’s credit for the California Triple Crown will be awarded for any level of volunteering.
- We will reimburse volunteers for fuel expenses incurred the day of the event. Volunteers should turn in receipts with their reimbursement request within two weeks of the event. We cover a limit amount of double occupancy hotel accommodations for staff that is not traveling with an event participant, you must confirm availability before registering.
- Once we’ve confirmed you as a volunteer, we hope you will keep your word and be at the event. However, if something comes up unexpectedly please let us know as soon as possible, thanks.
- Monday before the event, we’ll send our Crew Assignments email with all the details. When you receive your email, please send an email back to confirm receipt and to let us know you’ll be there.